Support Worker: Residential + Community
To work as part of a dedicated team, supporting an individual in their own home, enabling them to live as independent a life as possible. You will be expected to provide support on a 24 hour basis and must be prepared to work weekends, bank holidays and religious holidays.
- Provide a consistent and professional level of support in line with the Burton Street Foundation’s ethos
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance service delivery and customer experience
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- To support an individual using a person centered approach
- To provide appropriate levels of personal care as per the individual person centered support plan, promoting choice, dignity and independence at all times
- To assist, support and monitor all aspects of planning, preparing and cooking food to suit personal taste and likes
- To encourage and support personal, social, spiritual and leisure activities. To develop and maintain links within the local community and maintain contact with family and friends
- To provide appropriate support in relation to the administration of medication as outlined in the person centered plan. This may include accompanying the individual to attend medical appointments, contacting health professionals when necessary
- To be able to run a home, assist the individual with household chores, and report any maintenance and health and safety issues
- Follow all aspects of the Burton Street Foundation’s policies and procedures
- To attend team meetings and person centered planning meetings when required
- Ensure all records, documentation and reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- Provide cover for colleagues as required
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- The above list is not exhaustive and, as such, it is expected that the post holder will be responsible for related issues commensurate to the level of the role
- £9.03 per hour rising to £9.79 per hour (Variable rate dependent on days + nights worked)
- Night hours paid at an hourly rate of £8.21 (1 night = £65.68)
- Night hours included in contracted hours
- 24 hour shift pattern, 7 week rota.
- Typical shift duration is 8 hours.
- Weekly hours negotiable in multiples of eight: 16, 24, 32 or 40.
- Rolling rota provided in advance, based upon a "4 on 4 off" pattern
- Clients are supported in their own homes.
- All clients live in Sheffield.
How to apply:
1. Read the Person Specification
If you think you fit the bill...
2. Read the Supporting Information
If you like what you see...
3. Complete an Application Form